Within the social media context, marketers considered consumers as ‘hungry’ for information which reflects the consumer’s behavior in fulfilling their continuous consuming needs and wants. Marketers have created various kinds of marketing campaigns in selling their products and services to the consumers through the social media channels via catchy advertisements. Indirectly, marketers are creating interactive persuasive multimedia ads that will certainly attract the senses of their target audience. However, marketers must always be aware of the regulations stipulated by the government regulators and advice from the health professionals if they are involve with any food product promotion on social media.
The practice of responsibility in any marketing and advertising promotions either online or offline is part of the corporate responsibility. Marketers must be truthful with the audience about their products and services as customers will only engage with promotions that they can rely on. However, I would personally think that the customers are not ‘hungry’ but the ‘food’ has been served on the table for them to choose regardless whether they are hungry or not. The consumers will choose the ‘food’ that satisfy them and may not touch any ‘food’ at all if it is not up to their satisfaction as described in the uses-gratification theory. Marketers must not only focus on consumer’s readiness to be involved with the ‘food’ (messages) but they should be concentrating in adding more colors to the ‘food’ in serving their consumer’s needs.
Sorry…at the moment I’m not hungry as I have all the ‘food’ (information) that I need within my grasp. But if I’m hungry, I will definitely eat (gather and utilize) the best ‘food’ served on the buffet table.
Rutledge, Patrice-Anne. (2008). The Truth About Profiting From Social Networking.
United States of America: FT Press.
United States of America: FT Press.

No comments:
Post a Comment