Again the social media, actually, I am so tired to talk about what is social networking would bring our life what kind of wonderful time, space or any their claim.
I do not believe at all, but how is the trick thing, I learn communication; have one journalist degree many years ago. Also, I did the publicists many years. Before, I was exposed the news & latest information everyday. Even though I have rarely interesting in any IT or networking technology or something, I have to swallow all the resources.
In Taiwan, we are immersing the most advanced and fastest growing Internet messaging network population. Like facebook, Taiwan is the top 1 of fastest growing over past week in 2009 (www.checkfacebook.com).
So, what is the meaning for? I definitely have no idea. I just am unreasonable to against new technologic development, like social media. However, I used Facebook, because most my friend have immersed in the facebook, it seems like I have to. But, the truth is I am not a Facebook fan, not now, not in the future.
As the start of the unit, my first assessment is about social networking channels, I had called to my best friend, and he is a super fan of any technology development and skills. This is the first time; we have phone fight because I absently reject that he claimed the benefits of social networking. On the other hand, he strongly insists social networkings are generic creation. For example, social networking advertisement can clearly and easily aims the target. Before that, clients were complaining that they had spent huge money to promote products or issues, but the recovery rate was low and high cost. That probably because web world is too huge, the target areas are also too big. The ads agencies spent money but did not work on the sale amount.
The data of Faceook are true, that include the participators location. So, ads agencies can mail their commercial information to the target easily and cost down.
But, what is the social networking? Is it for business or building relationships?
Now, my friends claimed that if customers used Faceook, what is connecting with social relationship building? I guess why did I so hate recently social everything, not just Facebook or social media. In my opinion, our entire environment, all them are going around money, economic, but all them are pretend another thing, that is we concerned what are human happiness and convenience feelings. Question is if we own that, does it make us happy or convenient life? I completely disagree and think that is just business. Please stop lay human and tell them, just do it, everything is possible. It is joking.
Furthermore, some one claim the traditional media, they control the entire source and controlled by few people, including local government. That is unfair, and the news is one way, does not stand the moiety thought. Yes, I agree it, for example, Taiwan have freedom the media the right after 1979. However, Taiwan society has opened the media, and the situation is really changing. I also doubt that.
As all the statement, could I support left wing? No, I am just concerned about the psychology health and doubt all the high technologic skills, they are definitely create more convent modern life, but it does not mean that is the only one we should indicated. That is a sick society and not nature.

Shebley say...
ReplyDeleteSocial networking is all about communicating with the right messages on the right channels but not necessarily to the right person. I would personally say that it serves both building relationships and business careers/opportunities.
Surprisingly, the audience are able to communicate with a company located in the United States of America while you are still in Taiwan. Regardless of the different time and location, it enables you to engage in a two-way communication process especially in seeking for more diversified job opportunities. The interview might also take place via the social networking channels. It’s easy right? But the audience must always be very careful with the “silver-tongue people” who might be using the audience particulars for their own benefits.
I also don't believe I have a need for Facebook, what can it do for me that email, instant messengers and a mobile can't? But for some reason many people feel that Facebook gives them a more intimate and social way to meet people, and keep in touch with friends and friends of friends. That makes it a powerful tool, both for advertisers, socializers and networkers. Politics and job-searches can be tied into the service as well.
ReplyDeleteGrish
Shebley say...
ReplyDeleteGrish...I can only say..."This is the power of Social Networking Channels" where you are able to get connected to everyine at "zero cost"
Shebley say...
ReplyDeleteGrish..I can only say..this is the power of "social networking channels" where everyone are connected to one another at 'zero cost'. Just imagine what the marketers can do within this Facebook channel..REVENUES!
People will not need to go to face book if all their friends on the other network. But whatdriving people to facebook is "their friends old and new" are there.
ReplyDeleteThe personal sharing is make the facebook alive. The advertising and other bussiness purpose is a side benefit.
When many friend are connected so it is like a place of assambly or an event.
If it is not a place why they can talk to friends they will not come so it will be like an empty room.
Psatit